Class passes are a ticketing option which let your bookers purchase a block of classes at once (usually at a discounted rate), with the flexibility to decide on most of the dates that they will attend later.
You can specify a time frame in which the pass can be used, which will start from the date of the first event it is used for. You can also limit the tickets it can apply to.
Class passes are available to Standard subscribers and above and cannot be used on Course tickets or Group tickets.
Setting up a Class Pass
1. Navigate to the Class pass section by clicking on the Setup menu, then Discount options and Class Passes. Then click Add a new Class pass.
2. Then complete the following fields:
- Class pass name: the name of the pass, which your customers will see when booking
- Further details: information about the offer
- Timeframe for use on events in days. A Class Pass must be purchased alongside at least one ticket for an event. The Timeframe for use begins on the date of the first event booked on that pass. So, a pass which has been used for an event on 1st January (and no events before), with a timeframe of 30 days, can only be used to book remaining pass uses up until 31st January. You can leave the Timeframe field blank for no restriction.
- Single use per event? A single use selection here will mean that the pass can only be used once per event. ‘Valid for additional attendees’ means that the pass can be used by the booker for entrance for themselves and a 2nd person or more at the same event (remaining uses permitting).
- When will the pass be available for purchase? The time period indicated here is when your Pass will appear on your public pages for your booker to select (leave this blank for no restriction).
- Purchase cost: How much your Class pass will cost
- Class pass type: You can choose ‘unlimited number of uses’ which means that the pass can be used as many times as the booker wants (within the Timeframe for use) or ‘fixed number of uses’, in which case you must define –
- Number of classes: how many times your booker can use the Class pass to book 1 ticket for an event (leave blank for unlimited uses)
- Total passes available: The number of Class passes that can be sold (leave blank for no restriction)
3. Use the Class pass applies to field to indicate which entries, tickets or tags you would like the Class pass to apply to.
4. Finally, if you are ready to publish, make sure the slider is set to ‘published’ (green) and then click on Save changes to complete your Class pass.
The ‘published’ slider can be used to unpublish a Class pass if you wish to take it off sale (attendees with an existing class pass will still be able to redeem their remaining uses).
Your Class pass will be available on your public pages –
When your customer subsequently books a valid ticket, using the booker email address that they purchased the Class pass with, the cost will be automatically deducted, along with one use from the pass.
Class pass cancellation behaviour
You can determine the behaviour of a Class Pass when your customer cancels a ticket they have used it for in the booking options screen (click edit in the Cancellation section). For more information on this please see our support article.
It is also possible to book a Class pass on behalf of a customer as an administrator Just make sure you specify the customer's email under 'Booker contact email' when making the booking.
Managing Class Passes
You can adjust the validity period and number of uses on a purchased pass, or revoke it entirely read about how here.
You can view a customer's class pass history on their profile page.