You can read our blog post detailing key things to consider before delivering any kind of online event here.
Choose your video conferencing software
There are a range of options available, here are five of the most popular:
- Zoom - Free plan allows up to 100 people, 40 minutes duration, installation required. Paid plans for longer durations start from £11.99. Integration available with Bookwhen.
- Facebook Live - Free, stream to Facebook users only.
- Jitsi - Free, no paid plans, no installation required. Integration available with Bookwhen.
- Google Hangouts - Free, up to 10 people, unlimited duration, no installation required.
- Skype meet now - Free, up to 50 people, accessible via app or through browser (only Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome supported on launch).
We also have a Live Streaming checklist, to highlight the key things you need to do before, and after embarking on your live-streamed event.
Adding online event links to your events
There are four ways in which you can add online event links to your schedule, we've linked to the corresponding help article in each case:
- Zoom integration. This automatically creates a specific Zoom meeting link for each of your events and sends this to attendees. The information is secure, so only booked attendees can access.
- Jitsi integration. This automatically creates a specific Jitsi meeting link for each of your events and sends this to attendees. The information is secure, so only booked attendees can access.
- If you're not using Zoom or Jitsi, then you can add a specific joining link to any event. Unlike our integrations, you need to enter the joining details manually. However, Bookwhen will still automatically send the information to your attendees, and only they can access it.
- Adding to 'Booking confirmation message'. You can simply add your online event link in your booking confirmation message, and this will apply to all events in your entry series. The link will be included in the booking confirmation email. This is a simple approach to take if you don't need an individual link for each class - usually when your event is free or there's a low risk of the link being shared to non-bookers.
Our upcoming feature to embed pre-recorded content will work by providing access to a secure page which hosts the video, that only bookers can access during the time of the 'event'.