If you are opting for this setup, please do not enable the Bookwhen/Zoom integration.
Steps for how to get this setup below.
- Once you have created your Zoom meeting ID within your own Zoom account, please copy the link.
- You will need to update the location for your relevant entries in Bookwhen so select the entry within your schedule and click 'edit entry' on the right-hand side (this is the big blue button you will see!). Select the 'location' tab as per the screenshot below. You will need to set the location as 'online' and then add a new location which you can name 'Zoom - Manual'. The online provider should be 'manually added joining details'.
- For those wanting to use the same Zoom meeting ID for all classes within the same entry. In the box where it says 'private online information', we would recommend you paste your Zoom details such as the Zoom ID and any other joining details such as a Zoom password if you have set it up. If you choose to add it in here, this information will be applied across all others within the same entry. You can also opt to add anything else in that box which you would like all bookers to see when they book a class within that entry. Hit save!
- For those wanting to use a unique Zoom meeting ID for each class/date then please don't add any Zoom details in the box 'private online event information'. Hit save and head back to your schedule and select the single class you want to update in your schedule. You should see a small drop-down down arrow next to where it says 'edit entry'. Click here and select 'add online joining details'. You will be faced with this pop-up where you can add in any relevant details in the 'private online event joining details' box. Once updated, this means you have set up the Zoom details for just this one event within your schedule, not all classes within the same entry.
4. We always recommend doing a test run as admin so you can see what it looks like for your bookers. This means visiting your public page and going through to checkout to make a booking. Once the booking is made, you should receive a confirmation email which will have a link to 'view online event' like in the screenshot below. The booker would then click that button and be able to view any Zoom details you have set up.