Class passes work as a block of passes that an attendee buys up front (usually at a discounted rate). They can then redeem these passes to attend specific classes within a given time period (that you specify).
Class passes are available to Standard subscribers and above.
To set up a class pass, navigate to Setup > Discount options.
Some important points:
- Once set up, the pass will appear as an option below tickets for events that you've made it available on. Attendees can then checkout with a class pass and some tickets. Valid tickets will automatically be taken off the customer's class pass allowance.
- Published toggle. This toggle sets whether the class pass is published. If unpublished it means the class pass will no longer be available to purchase, but attendees with an existing class pass will be able to redeem their remaining passes.
- You can't book a class pass as an account admin on behalf of a customer. If you want to do that, you can log out of Bookwhen, visit your public page and then buy the class pass on their behalf using their email address.
- Single use per event? This is the difference between a class pass being redeemable for friend's tickets that an attendee books, or just for their own attendance. Usually, we recommend this being set to 'Single use only'.
- On subsequent bookings a customer can simply add tickets to their basket and checkout. Providing they use the same booker email address they used to initially buy the class pass, then these tickets will automatically be taken from their class pass allowance.