PayPal accounts are either Personal or Business.
If you have a PayPal Personal account, then your customers will have to also have a PayPal account to be able to pay.
If you have a PayPal Business account, then you can accept payments by credit card without your customers having to have a PayPal account. The Business accounts are either Website Payments Standard (free) or Website Payments Pro (you have to pay a subscription). Either will work.
To upgrade your current PayPal Personal Account to a Business or Premier Account:
- Go to https://www.paypal.com/UPGRADE and log in to your PayPal account
- Click the Upgrade Now button at the bottom of the page.
- The next page will allow you to choose a personal Premier Account or a Business Account. Simply select which type of account you would like, and click the Continue button.
- If you have selected a Business Account, you will be asked to enter your Business Information and click Submit.
- Once you've done this, please make sure you Reuthenticate your PayPal connection here (see below).