Bookwhen has partnered with OpenActive to make your scheduled events available to a much bigger audience.
It's designed for anyone organising fitness and wellbeing activities in the UK.
How does it work?
OpenActive collects data about fitness activities from across lots of sources - Bookwhen being one of them. This information is then 'consumed' by OpenActive partners to display to their audiences (diagram below). Partners range from local authorities, to large national class finder sites.
It's these partners that offer the chance for your classes to be discovered by a much bigger audience and market.
Why should I get involved?
- It's completely free and you can opt-out at any time.
- Make physical activity sessions and facilities easier to find: get more people through the door!
- Promote quiet sessions to new audiences
- Improve data skills and understanding by attending training sessions
- Collaborate on the future of OpenActive, and the data standards
PS - the last two points are optional...!
If you have any more questions then please make sure you visit the OpenActive website for more details.
How do I open my data?
- Visit this page and click on 'View integration' on the OpenActive section to opt-in.
- You'll see a list of your entries and an indication on whether the data is valid - this is based on whether you've added an activity type and have a valid location (i.e. recognised by Google Maps).
- You will need to tag in an Activity Type that best describes your event or class. This can be entered under the Information tab on your entry. If a relevant Activity Type doesn't exist for your class then you can type in a free-form response.
- Once you've completed these steps then your data can be 'consumed' and displayed by activity search portals across the UK!