Bookwhen now has a Zoom integration! This help article covers:
- How the Zoom integration works
- Setting up the Zoom integration
- Updating or removing the Zoom integration
- Adding Zoom as a location to your events
- How your attendees receive and access the Zoom meeting link
How the Zoom integration works
- Creates a Zoom meeting link in your Zoom account for any online event that has a booking. You can view your meeting links on Zoom here
- Adds the meeting room link to a secure page that only attendees can access
- Includes a direct link to this secure page in all booking confirmation emails
Setting up your Zoom integration
- Sign into Zoom here or create an account here. If you have any issues installing Zoom itself, you can refer to their troubleshooting document here.
- Go to the Zoom Marketplace and search for "Bookwhen", or else click this link to visit the Zoom Marketplace profile
- Now click 'Install' (screenshot below)
- Now click 'Authorize' to connect your Zoom and Bookwhen accounts. You may need to log into your Bookwhen account on the next screen.
- Your integration should now be complete (screenshot 2 below)!
Removing your Zoom connection
If you ever want to remove your Zoom integration:
- Go to Setup and then Integrations
- Click View integration
- Click Disconnect from Zoom (screenshot below). This will stop any future Zoom links being created, but existing ones will be maintained.
- To remove Bookwhen from Zoom, head to https://marketplace.zoom.us, click 'Manage' in the top right, then 'Installed Apps' on the left, finally click 'Uninstall' next to Bookwhen.
Adding Zoom to your events
Adding Zoom as an online location to your events will ensure the Zoom integration creates a unique event link for each event that receives a booking.
Create Zoom as a location
- Go to Locations
- Click Add new location
- Select Online event
- Select Zoom from the Online provider list
Add Zoom to your events
- Click on any Entry in your Schedule
- Click Edit entry
- Now navigate to Location
- Click 'Online event' and click 'Existing location'
- Select 'Zoom'
How your attendees receive and access the Zoom meeting link
- Open their Booking Confirmation email
- Click View online event (screenshot below)
- This will open up the event page, which includes the private event information (second screenshot below).
IMPORTANT - It doesn't matter if you add your joining instructions to the event after people book, as clicking 'View online event' will always take your customers to the latest information, so conceivably, you could add your joining instructions as late as 15/20 minutes before your online class begins. We include the View online event button in all booking emails, providing you've set your location as 'Zoom - online location'.
If you're on our Standard plan and above, your attendees will also be sent a reminder (below screenshot), which you can set to go out just before your class. Learn more here.
Private event information
The automatically generated Zoom meeting link will appear in the blue box on the right hand side of the private event page, along with the topic, time, meeting ID and password.
Viewing your Online event page
You can view your online event page - which includes any joining instructions - from your schedule page. Just click on a relevant date/time and then click the 'Online event' button. This button will only appear if you've set your location as 'Zoom - online location'.