Bookwhen allows you to set a specific joining link for each of your events. Your attendees will be able to access the information via their booking confirmation email, or by logging into their Bookwhen account if they have previously created a password.
The link to the private information is authenticated, meaning non-attendee’s won’t have access to any information entered if the link is shared with them.
This feature is useful for several purposes, but especially for Online Event joining instructions for services such as Microsoft Teams, Google Meet, Facebook Live and YouTube Live. We have specific integrations for Zoom or Jitsi,
Setting private joining information for each event
First off, you'll want to Add a new entry if you're creating a new class, or click Edit entry on an existing one.
Update your Location
Make sure your Location is set to Online event in your Entry settings. Give it a name like "Facebook Live", for example.
Add your joining link to each date
- Once you've updated your Location you can click Save & Exit
- Click any event in your schedule
- Click the down arrow next to 'Edit entry’
- Click Add online joining details and add in your private info (e.g. Facebook live streaming link).
- You can repeat this for any date/time in your schedule, the change won't apply across the whole entry, it's unique to every date/time.
How bookers/attendees can view their joining instructions
- Open their Booking Confirmation email
- Click View online event
- This will open up the event page, which includes the private event information.
IMPORTANT - It doesn't matter if you add your joining instructions to the event after people book, as clicking View online event will always take your customers to the latest information, so conceivably, you could add your joining instructions as late as 15/20 minutes before your online class begins. We include the View online event button in all booking emails, providing you've set your location as an No map - online event.
Viewing your online event
You can view your online event page - which includes any joining instructions - from your schedule page. Just click on a relevant date/time and then click the 'Online event' button. This button will only appear if you've set your location as 'No map - online event'.