This article covers:
You can advertise prices and accept online payments on any of our paid plans and whilst on our free trial.
To accept online payments, you firstly need to secure the services of one of our approved payment gateways. Your chosen payment gateway will then take a small fee per transaction for using their online payment infrastructure. The revenue you collect from online payments will then be received directly into your payment gateway account.
Bookwhen does not charge you any additional costs beyond your chosen plans subscription cost. We also do not receive any revenue from your payments or any other incentives from the available payment gateways.
Available payment gateways on Bookwhen:
- Stripe - Bookwhen recommended. Stripe is quick to setup and the checkout process for your clients is simple card payment. To learn how to connect your Bookwhen account with Stripe click here.
- PayPal - An industry leader in online payments. Please note, often a PayPal account is required from your clients to complete payment, however, guest payment can be enabled in your PayPal settings here. To learn how to connect your Bookwhen account with PayPal click here.
We've written an article that goes into further detail on the differences between PayPal and Stripe here.
- Worldpay (UK & IE Only) - Please note, the initial setup can be more involved than connecting with Stripe or PayPal. To learn how to connect your Bookwhen account with Worldpay click here.
- Adelante (on request)
Further information about online payments:
- You can read about the fees charged by payment gateways here.
- You can read about the countries and currencies that are supported by your payment gateway here.
- You can read about setting up payments here.
- The requirements for taking payments online can be found here.
On Bookwhen you can also provide your customers with the choice to pay offline. This option is explained in further detail here.
Offline payments are customisable instructions, which will then be presented to the customer at the checkout and in the booking confirmation email they receive. For example, please pay in cash on arrival or please make payment via bank transfer to the following details.
Once payment has been received, you can then mark the booking as paid by following these instructions here.